News Release 21-094
Inv. No(s). 701-TA-656 and 731-TA-1533 (Final)
Contact: Peg O'Laughlin, 202-205-1819
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of metal lockers from China that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are subsidized by the government of China and sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin and Commissioners Rhonda K. Schmidtlein and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative. Chair Jason E. Kearns and Commissioner David S. Johanson voted in the negative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, Commerce will issue antidumping and countervailing duty orders on imports of this product from China.
The Commission’s public report Metal Lockers from China (Inv. Nos. 701-TA-656 and 731-TA-1533 (Final), USITC Publication 5218, August 2021) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigation.
The report will be available by September 2, 2021; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Metal Lockers from China
Investigation Nos. 701-TA-656 and 731-TA-1533 (Final)
Product Description: The merchandise subject to these investigations consists of certain metal lockers, with or without doors, and parts thereof (metal lockers). The subject metal lockers are metal storage devices that are typically made of flat-rolled metal, metal mesh and/or expanded metal, which includes but is not limited to alloy or non-alloy steel, stainless steel, or aluminum. The subject lockers may be shipped as individual or multiple locker units preassembled, welded, or combined into banks or tiers for ease of installation or as sets of component parts, bulk packed or any combination thereof. The scope also includes all parts and components of lockers as well as accessories that are attached to the lockers when installed.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigation: Final countervailing duty and antidumping duty investigations.
2. Petitioners: List Industries, Inc., Deerfield Beach, FL; Penco Products, Inc., Greenville, NC; and Tennsco Corp., Dickson, TN.
3. USITC Institution Date: Thursday, July 9, 2020.
4. USITC Hearing Date: Thursday, June 24, 2021.
5. USITC Vote Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2021.
6. USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Thursday, August 12, 2021.
U.S. Industry in 2020:
1. Number of U.S. producers: 6.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Nevada; North Carolina, and Tennessee.
3. Production and related workers: 
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 1
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2020:
1. Subject imports: 1
2. Nonsubject imports: 1
3. Leading import sources: China.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.