Several recurring reports are published annually as part of the Commission’s mission to provide independent tariff, trade, and competitiveness-related analysis and information. Information about these reports is summarized below. Also, below is access to select Annual Highlights and the Year in Review reports .
- A series of annual reports prepared under section 215 of the Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act (CBERA) of 1983 (19 U.S.C. 2704). Section 215 requires the Commission to submit to Congress and the President biennial reports on the economic impact of CBERA on U.S. industries and consumers, and on the economy of the beneficiary countries.
- As part of its report the Commission is required, first, to assess CBERA’s actual effect, during the period covered by the report, on the U.S. economy generally, as well as on specific domestic industries which produce articles that are like or directly competitive with articles being imported into the United States from beneficiary countries. Second, the Commission is required to assess the probable future effect that CBERA will have on the U.S. economy generally, as well as on the relevant domestic industries, before the provisions of CBERA terminate.
Recent Trends in U.S. Services Trade , September 2019.
- A series of annual reports first instituted by the Commission in 1993 under section 332(b) of the Tariff Act of 1930. These reports provide expert analyses of trade-related issues in services industries, including global industry production and consumption trends, global and regional trade flows, barriers to international trade in services, and other competitiveness issues.
Shifts in U.S. Merchandise Trade, October 2018.
- A series of annual web-based reports that are the product of an investigation instituted by the Commission in 1993 under section 332(b) of the Tariff Act of 1930. The information contained in this report focuses on changes in U.S. exports and imports of key natural resources, as well as products of leading agricultural and manufacturing industries.
- The report examines changes in U.S. trade with 4 key partners and country groups. Profiles of the U.S. industry and market for 10 major U.S. sectors that cover a majority of the products traded are also included, addressing industry developments and the principal drivers influencing trends in U.S. trade. Each report also includes a discussion on a “special topic” that addresses topical and timely issues.
Textile and Apparel Imports from China , June 2019.
- A series of annual reports submitted to the U.S. Congress in response to a request from the House Committee on Ways and Means received on October 14, 2008, pursuant to section 332(g) of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1332(g)), that contain a compilation of the statistical reports published every quarter by the Commission on the volume, value, unit value, and import market share of imports from China that were subject to the provisions of the 2005 U.S.-China Memorandum of Understanding Concerning Trade in Textiles and Apparel.
The Year in Trade, October 2019.
- A series of annual reports submitted to the U.S. Congress under section 163(c) of the Trade Act of 1974 (19 U.S.C. 2213(c)) and its predecessor legislation. Section 163(c) states that “the International Trade Commission shall submit to the Congress at least once a year, a factual report on the operation of the trade agreements program.”
- The trade agreements program includes “all activities consisting of, or related to, the administration of international agreements which primarily concern trade and which are concluded pursuant to the authority vested in the President by the Constitution” and by congressional legislation.
Annual Reports Archive, FY 2017 and Prior.
- Select Annual Highlights and the Year in Review are available here. Note that The U.S. International Trade Commission ceased publication of its public annual report after fiscal year 2010 and has transitioned key content to the Internet. Broad information about the Commission, as well as tables summarizing its investigations and litigation, can be found through the links on the annual reports page.