News Release 19-107
Inv. No(s). 731-TA-1422-1423 (Final)
Contact: Peg O'Laughlin, 202-205-1819
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of strontium chromate from Austria and France that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chairman David S. Johanson and Commissioners Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, Jason E. Kearns, Randolph J. Stayin, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the USITC’s affirmative determinations, Commerce will issue antidumping duty orders on imports of this product from Austria and France.
The Commission’s public report Strontium Chromate from Austria and France (Inv. Nos. 731-TA-1422 and 1423 (Final), USITC Publication 4992, November 2019) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available by December 4, 2019; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Strontium Chromate from Austria and France
Investigation Nos. 731-TA-1422-1423 (Final)
Product Description: Strontium chromate is a yellow powder with the chemical formula SrCrO4. This salt is primarily used in anti-corrosive coatings for metals surfaces such as aluminum and stainless steel, especially in the aerospace industry. The subject merchandise includes strontium chromate as a pure powder or as a dispersion or paste. Creating a dispersion involves mixing the solid powder with a solvent, such as aromatic 100 methyl amyl ketone/2-heptanone, acetone, glycol ether EB, naphtha leicht, or xylene.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigation: Final phase antidumping duty investigation.
2. Petitioner: WPC Technologies, Oak Creek, Wisconsin.
3. USITC Institution Date: September 5, 2018.
4. USITC Hearing Date: October 3, 2019.
5. USITC Vote Date: October 31, 2019.
6. USITC Commission’s Views: November 21, 2019.
U.S. Industry in 2018:
1. Number of U.S. producers: one.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Wisconsin.
3. Production and related workers: 
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 1
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2018:
1. Subject imports: 1
2. Nonsubject imports: $0.
3. Leading import sources: Austria, France.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.