News Release 15-108
Inv. No(s). 701-TA-548 and 731-TA-1298 (Preliminary)
Contact: Peg O'Laughlin, 202-205-1819
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that there is a reasonable indication that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of welded stainless steel pressure pipe from India that are allegedly subsidized and sold in the United States at less than fair value.
All six Commissioners voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, the U.S. Department of Commerce will continue to conduct its investigations on imports of this product from India, with its preliminary countervailing duty determinations due on or about December 24, 2015, and its preliminary antidumping duty determinations due on or about March 8, 2016.
The Commission’s public report Welded Stainless Steel Pressure Pipe from India (Investigation Nos. 701-TA-548 and 731-TA-1298 (Preliminary), USITC Publication 4582, November 2015) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available after December 14, 2015. After that date, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Office of Industries
Washington, DC 20436
Welded Stainless Steel Pressure Pipe from India
Investigation Nos. 701-TA-548 and 731-TA-1298 (Preliminary)
Product Description: Welded stainless steel pressure pipe (“WSSPP”) refers to circular welded austenitic stainless pressure pipe not greater than 14 inches in outside diameter. For purposes of these investigations, references to size are in nominal inches and include all products within tolerances allowed by pipe specifications. This merchandise includes, but is not limited to, the ASTM International (ASTM) A 312 or ASTM A 778 specifications, or comparable domestic or foreign specifications. ASTM A 358 products are only included when they are produced to meet ASTM A 312 or ASTM A 778 specifications, or comparable domestic or foreign specifications. Excluded from the scope are: (1) Welded stainless mechanical tubing, meeting ASTM A 554 or comparable domestic or foreign specifications; (2) boiler, heat exchanger, super heater, refining furnace, feed water heater, and condenser tubing, meeting ASTM A 249, ASTM A 688 or comparable domestic or foreign specifications; and (3) specialized tubing, meeting ASTM A 269, ASTM A 270 or comparable domestic or foreign specifications. WSSPP conveys fluids at high temperatures, high pressures, or both. WSSPP is used in corrosive environments, high temperature and pressure conditions, or in conditions where cleanliness and ease of maintenance are strictly required. A variety of industries use WSSPP including: food, chemicals, petrochemicals, oil and gas, manufacturing, chemical fluid handling, paper and pulp processing and water treatment.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigations: Preliminary antidumping and countervailing duty.
2. Bristol Metals, LLC, Bristol, TN; Felker Brothers Corp., Marshfield, WI; Marcegaglia USA, Munhall, PA; and Outokumpu Stainless USA LLC, Inc., Wildwood, FL.
3. Preliminary investigations instituted by the USITC: September 30, 2015.
4. Commission’s conference: October 21, 2015.
5. USITC vote: November 13, 2015.
6. USITC determinations to the U.S. Department of Commerce: November 16, 2015.
7. USITC views to the U.S. Department of Commerce: November 23, 2015.
1. Number of producers in 2014: Seven.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Washington and Wisconsin.
3. Employment of production and related workers in 2014: 355.
4. Apparent U.S. consumption in 2014: 95,486 short tons.
5. Ratio of the value of total U.S. imports to total U.S. consumption in 2014: 0.68.
1. From the subject country during 2014: $64.7 million.
2. From other countries during 2014: $185.5 million.
3. Leading sources during 2014: Taiwan, India, Korea, Canada and China (in terms of total value).