May 13, 2022
News Release 22-059
Inv. No. 701-TA-681 and 731-TA-1591 (Preliminary)
Contact: Jennifer Andberg, 202-205-1819
USITC Votes to Continue Investigations on White Grape Juice Concentrate from Argentina
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that there is a reasonable indication that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of white grape juice concentrate from Argentina that are allegedly subsidized by the government of Argentina and sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chair Jason E. Kearns, Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin, and Commissioners David S. Johanson, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, the U.S. Department of Commerce will continue its investigations of imports of white grape juice concentrate from Argentina, with its preliminary countervailing duty determination due on or about June 24, 2022 and its preliminary antidumping duty determination due on or about September 7, 2022.
The Commission’s public report White Grape Juice Concentrate from Argentina (Inv. Nos. 701-TA-681 and 731-TA-1591 (Preliminary), USITC Publication 5328, May 2022) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available after June 13, 2022; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: https://www.usitc.gov/commission_publications_library.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
White Grape Juice Concentrate from Argentina
Investigation Nos. 701-TA-681 and 731-TA-1591 (Preliminary)
Product Description: White grape juice concentrate is concentrated 100 percent grape juice produced from grapes of the Vitis vinifera L. species. White grape juice concentrate has a Brix level of 65 to 68, in frozen or non‐frozen forms. The scope covers white grape juice concentrate regardless of whether it has been certified as kosher, organic, or organic kosher.
Status of Proceedings:
- Type of investigation: Preliminary countervailing duty and antidumping duty investigations.
- Petitioners: Delano Growers Grape Products, Delano, LLC, Delano, California.
- USITC Institution Date: Thursday, March 31, 2022.
- USITC Conference Date: Thursday, April 21, 2022.
- USITC Vote Date: Friday, May 13, 2022.
- USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Monday, May 16, 2022.
U.S. Industry in 2021:
- Number of U.S. producers: 1.
- Location of producers’ plants: California
- Production and related workers: [1
- U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 1
- Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
- Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2021:
- Subject imports: 1
- Nonsubject imports: 1
- Leading import sources: Argentina, Spain.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.
# # #