March 24, 2022
News Release 22-041
Inv. No. 731-TA-1557
Contact: Jennifer Andberg, 202-205-1819
Certain Mobile Access Equipment and Subassemblies from China Threaten U.S. Industry, Says USITC
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that U.S. industry is threatened with material injury by reason of imports of certain mobile access equipment and subassemblies from China that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chair Jason E. Kearns, Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin, and Commissioners David S. Johanson, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determination, Commerce will issue antidumping duty orders on imports of this product from China.
The Commission’s public report Certain Mobile Access Equipment and Subassemblies from China (Inv. No. 731-TA-1557 (Final), USITC Publication 5317, April 2022) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available by April 14, 2022; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Certain Mobile Access Equipment and Subassemblies Thereof from China
Investigation No. 731-TA-1557 (Final)
Product Description: Mobile access equipment (MAE) consists primarily of boom lifts, scissor lifts, and telehandlers, and subassemblies thereof. MAE combines a mobile (self-propelled or towed) chassis, with a lifting device (e.g., scissor arms, boom assemblies) for mechanically lifting persons, tools and/or materials capable of reaching a working height of ten feet or more, and a coupler that provides an attachment point for the lifting device, in addition to other components. MAE includes mobile access equipment and subassemblies thereof whether finished or unfinished, whether assembled or unassembled, and whether the equipment contains any additional features that provide for functions beyond the primary lifting function.
Status of Proceedings:
- Type of investigation: Final antidumping duty investigation.
- Petitioner: The Coalition of American Manufacturers of Mobile Access Equipment (“CAMMAE” or “the Coalition”).
- USITC Institution Date: Friday, February 26, 2021.
- USITC Hearing Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
- USITC Vote Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022.
- USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Friday, April 8, 2022.
U.S. Industry in 2020:
- Number of U.S. producers: 8.
- Location of producers’ plants: California, Kansas, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Production and related workers: 
- U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 
- Apparent U.S. consumption: 
- Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 
U.S. Imports in 2020:
- Subject imports: $122.9 million
- Nonsubject imports: $588.6 million
- Leading import sources: Canada, China, and the United Kingdom.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.
# # #