The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of prestressed concrete steel wire strand from Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, South Africa, Spain, Tunisia, and Ukraine that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chair Jason E. Kearns, Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin, and Commissioners David S. Johanson, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, Commerce will issue antidumping duty orders on imports of this product from Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, South Africa, Spain, Tunisia, and Ukraine.
The Commission also made negative critical circumstances findings with regard to certain imports of this product from Indonesia. As a result, these imports will not be subject to retroactive antidumping duties.
The Commission’s public report Prestressed Concrete Steel Wire Strand from Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, South Africa, Spain, Tunisia, and Ukraine (Inv. Nos. 731-TA-1505-1507, 1510-1511, 1513, and 1515 (Final), USITC Publication 5196, May 2021) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available by June 14, 2021; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Prestressed Concrete Steel Wire Strand from Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, South Africa, Spain, Tunisia, and Ukraine
Investigation Nos. 731-TA-1505-1507, 1510-1511, 1513, and 1515 (Final)
Product Description: The merchandise covered by these investigations is prestressed concrete steel wire strand (PC strand), produced from wire of non-stainless, non-galvanized steel, which is suitable for use in prestressed concrete (both pre-tensioned and post-tensioned) applications. The product definition encompasses covered and uncovered strand and all types, grades, and diameters of PC strand. PC strand is normally sold in the United States in sizes ranging from 0.25 inches to 0.70 inches in diameter.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigation: Final antidumping duty investigations.
2. Petitioners: Insteel Wire Products Company, Mount Airy, NC; Sumiden Wire Products Corporation, Dickson, TN; and, Wire Mesh Corporation, Houston, TX.
3. USITC Institution Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020.
4. USITC Hearing Date: Thursday, December 10, 2020.
5. USITC Vote Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
6. USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Monday, May 24, 2021.
U.S. Industry in 2019:
1. Number of U.S. producers: 5.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Arkansas, California, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
3. Production and related workers: 378.
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2019:
1. Subject imports: $114 million.
2. Nonsubject imports: 1
3. Leading import sources: Malaysia, Spain, Turkey, Italy, and Tunisia.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.