News Release 21-047
Inv. No(s). 731-TA-1529 (Final)
Contact: Peg O'Laughlin, 202-205-1819
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of seamless carbon and alloy steel standard, line, and pressure pipe from Czechia that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chair Jason E. Kearns, Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin, and Commissioners David S. Johanson, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determination, Commerce will issue an antidumping duty order on imports of this product from Czechia.
The Commission’s public report Seamless Carbon and Alloy Steel Standard, Line, and Pressure Pipe from Czechia (Inv. No. 731-TA-1529 (Final), USITC Publication 5183, April 2021) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigation.
The report will be available by May 4, 2021; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Seamless Carbon and Alloy Steel Standard, Line, and Pressure Pipe from Czechia
Investigation No. 731-TA-1529 (Final)
Product Description: Seamless carbon and alloy steel (other than stainless steel) pipes and redraw hollows, less than or equal to 16 inches (406.4 mm) in nominal outside diameter, regardless of wall-thickness, manufacturing process (e.g., hot finished or cold-drawn), end finish (e.g., plain end, beveled end, upset end, threaded, or threaded and coupled), or surface finish (e.g., bare, lacquered or coated). Redraw hollows are any unfinished carbon or alloy steel (other than stainless steel) pipe or "hollow profiles" suitable for cold finishing operations, such as cold drawing, to meet American Society for Testing and Materials or American Petroleum Institute specifications, or comparable specifications.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigation: Final antidumping duty investigation.
2. Petitioners: Vallourec Star, LP, Houston, TX.
3. USITC Institution Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2020.
4. USITC Hearing Date: Thursday, March 4, 2021.
5. USITC Vote Date: Thursday, April 1, 2021.
6. USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Monday, April 19, 2021.
U.S. Industry in 2020:
1. Number of U.S. producers: 5.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Alabama, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
3. Production and related workers: 679.
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: $210,799,000.
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2020:
1. Subject imports: 1
2. Nonsubject imports: 1
3. Leading import sources: Mexico, Germany, Ukraine, Korea, and Czechia.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.