The petition filing phase of the Miscellaneous Tariff Bill (MTB) petition process is over. Here’s what’s next:
- The USITC received more than 4,000 petitions seeking temporary duty suspensions or reductions during the recent filing phase. USITC staff is reviewing the filings and posting petitions that meet statutory filing criteria on a rolling basis on the MTB Petition System (MTBPS) portal, here.
- The next step in the MTB process is the public comment phase, during which interested parties and the public can review all posted petitions and file comments for Commission consideration.
- The public comment period will open on January 10, 2020, and run through February 24, 2020. All comments must be filed through the MTBPS portal during this 45-day comment period.
- Comments will be visible to the public on the MTB portal.
Come learn first-hand about the MTB petition public comment phase and how to file comments through the MTBPS portal.
WHEN: Thursday, January 9, 2020
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: USITC Building, Hearing Room A
500 E Street SW, Washington, DC
HOW: Work in Washington? Come join us in person! No registration required.
Outside the area? Register to attend as an online participant here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4681893537892068108
The webinar will be archived and available for viewing later, although without interactivity.
Why you should attend:
- Get an overview of the comment filing process and a demonstration of the MTBPS portal.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to ask USITC staff procedural and technical questions.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org