The U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) hasupgraded its Electronic Document Information System (EDIS). The new system, EDIS 3.10, went live on September 24, 2018. Visit the EDIS Support page for more information.
Here is the key information you will want to be aware of:
- EDIS 3.10 will launch on Monday, September 24, 2018.
- User names and passwords will transfer automatically to EDIS 3.10.
- Existing RSS feeds will NOT transfer automatically to EDIS 3.10 – users will have to re-create them in the new system.
- All existing calls to the Web Service API will continue to work using the existing URL structure.
- Accounts that have been inactive for six months will transfer automatically to EDIS 3.10, but they will remain inactive – users will have to contact the EDIS Help Desk for information/assistance (email: EDIS3HELP@usitc.gov or phone: 202-205-EDIS (3347)).
- Filtered Searching Capabilities – Users will be able to search within initial search results.
- Saved Searches – Users will be able save searches in the EDIS 3.10 platform.
- Guided Submission Process – EDIS administrators have developed a “filing wizard” that will walk users through the submission process. The USITC expects this to enhance consistency among filings and eliminate common filing errors.
- Automatic Lock-Out Clearance – In a previous upgrade, the USITC gave users the ability to change their passwords on a self-serve basis, 24/7. In this upgrade, the USITC is adding an automatic lock-out clearance feature. Users who are locked out after three failed log-in attempts will now be able to get back into the system after just 15 minutes.
- The USITC has created two training webinar options to help users learn to navigate EDIS 3.10:
- Option 1 – EDIS Pro, for seasoned EDIS users who need only an overview of the new features.
- Option 2 – EDIS Basic, a series of focused webinars for new users, those who need a refresher on specific EDIS processes, and those who want a more in-depth EDIS training experience.
- Both Options are 24/7 so users can learn when it suits their schedules and needs.
- Both Options are available on the USITC web site. Visit the EDIS Support page for more information.
- System Outage: The EDIS system was taken offline from 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, September 21, until 8:30 a.m. ET on Monday, September 24, to conduct the deployment of EDIS 3.10. Users were asked to make a note of this and plan accordingly.
- Contact EDIS3HELP@usitc.gov with any questions about the upcoming EDIS 3.10 launch.