The Office of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) administers the USITC affirmative action program. The Director advises the Chairman and USITC managers on all equal employment issues; evaluates the sufficiency of the agency’s EEO program and recommends improvements or corrections, including remedial and disciplinary action; establishes and maintains a diversity outreach program; and monitors recruitment activities to assure fairness in agency hiring practices.
The mission of the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity is to advise the Chairman on Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and programs that will most effectively enable the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) to carry out its mission, and to coordinate and administer the EEO program in accordance with pertinent federal laws and regulations, and the policies of the USITC. The Director, Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, reports directly to the Chairman.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991
- No FEAR Act of 2002
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- ADA Amendments Act of 2008
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1967
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
- 29 C.F.R. Part 1614
- EEOC Management Directive-110
- EEOC Management Directive-715