The United States International Trade Commission (USITC or Commission) provides wireless internet access "as is" and "as available" to members of the public who have business with the Commission while at USITC headquarters. If you are interested in using the USITC wireless network during your visit, please consult the information cards available in the hearing rooms. These cards contain the technical information required to connect to the wireless network.
To access the USITC wireless network you’ll need a device capable of supporting the following:
- 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz
- WPA2-PSK encryption
Most recent versions of Windows, Mac OS and Linux operating systems will support these requirements.
You are not permitted to use the USITC wireless network for the following:
- Activities that consume excess network capacity or otherwise interfere with the proper operation of the wireless network
- Compromising the privacy of others
- Harassment or threats
- Copyright infringement
- Downloading, viewing or distributing pornographic material
- Any other illegal activity
Users are not permitted to access the system without reading the USITC disclaimer and limitations set forth below.
You should be aware that there are security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in wireless communications and associated technology, and we do not make any assurances or warranties relating to such risks. No information you consider confidential should be transmitted via the USITC wireless network. By using the system, you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you send through the system. Moreover, by using the system, users agree that the USITC is not liable for any costs or damages, special, incidental or consequential, arising from the use of this service.
We will give no technical support of any kind under any circumstances to you or others trying to access the wireless network. We do not warrant that wireless access to the Internet over the USITC system will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. We provide Internet access only as a courtesy and access may not be available at the time you request it.
We reserve the right to:
- deny or restrict access to any user who abuses the network, such as consuming excessive bandwidth or by using the network for any type of activity or purpose we judge to be unlawful, harassing, abusive, criminal or fraudulent.
- monitor, intercept and disclose any transmissions over or using our facilities, and
- give the appropriate authorities user information, or usage records, and other related information under certain circumstances (for example, in response to lawful process, orders, subpoenas, or warrants, or to protect our interests).
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Using this service means that you accept all risks associated with this service. While using this service, it is your responsibility to manage and monitor your use of this service at all times.
By using the free wireless Internet access service provided by the USITC, you are agreeing to the disclaimers and limitations set forth above.