News Release 23-045
Inv. No(s). 337-TA-1364
Contact: Elizabeth Nesbitt, 202-205-1819
The U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) voted to institute an investigation of certain blood flow restriction devices with rotatable windlasses and components thereof. The products at issue in the investigation are described in the Commission’s notice of investigation.
The investigation is based on a complaint filed by Composite Resources, Inc., of Rock Hill, SC, and North American Rescue, LLC, of Greer, SC, on April 24, 2023, and supplemented on April 27, 2023, May 11, 2023, and May 18, 2023. The complaint alleges violations of section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930 in the importation into the United States and sale of certain blood flow restriction devices with rotatable windlasses and components thereof that infringe patents, trademarks, and trade dress asserted by the complainants. The complainants request that the USITC issue a permanent general exclusion order, or in the alternative a permanent limited exclusion order, and permanent cease and desist orders.
- Anping Longji Medical Equipment Factory of Hengshui City, Hebei Province, China;
- Chaozhou Jiduo Trading Co., Ltd., (d/b/a Jiduostore; d/b/a Palawaik) of Chaozhou City, China;
- Dongguan Hongsui Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd., (d/b/a Holsure) of Dongguan City, Houjie Town, Guangdong Province, China;
- Dongguanwin Si Hai Precision Mold Co., Ltd., of Changan, Dongguan, China;
- Eiffel Medical Supplies Co., Ltd., of Shenzhen, Guangdong, China;
- Empire State Distributors Inc. (d/b/a Gallica) of Brooklyn, NY;
- EMRN Medical Equipment of LaSalle, Quebec, Canada;
- Express Companies, Inc., of Oceanside, CA;
- Fuzhou Meirun Medical Equipment Technology Co., Ltd., (d/b/a Jusaid) of Fuzhou, Jiangxi, China;
- GD Tianwu New Material Tech Co., Ltd., of Shawan Town, Panyu District, Guangzhou China;
- Henan Eyocean E-Commerce Co., Ltd., (d/b/a Eyocean) of Huiji District, Zhengzhou, Henan, China;
- Hengshui Runde Medical Instruments Co., Ltd., of Hengshui City, Hebei Province, China;
- Huang Xia (d/b/a Furlove) of Sangzi Town, Xinhua County, Hunan, China;
- Jingcai Jiang (d/b/a Furlove) of Shenzhen, GuangDong, China;
- Putian Dima Trading Co., Ltd., (d/b/a Dimai; d/b/a Zeculay) of Putian City, Hanjiang District, Fujian Province, China;
- Rhino Inc. (d/b/a RhinoRescue) of Lewes, DE;
- Shanghai Sixu International Freight Agent Co., Ltd., of Shanghai, China;
- Shen Yi (d/b/a SZCTKlink) of Shenzhen, Guangdong, China;
- Shenzhen Anben E-Commerce Co., Ltd. (d/b/a Awelife; d/b/a Ansudylg) of Shenzhen, China;
- Shenzhen Janxle E E Commerce Co., Ltd., of Shenzhen, China;
- Shenzhen Smart Medical Co. Ltd., of Shenzhen, China;
- Shenzhen TMI Medical Supplies Co., Ltd., (d/b/a Tanmi Medical) of Shenzhen, China;
- Shenzhen Yujie Commercial and Trading Co., Ltd., (d/b/a Cozii Tourniquet) of Shenzhen, China;
- Sun Minghui (d/b/a SunQQQ; d/b/a Familyhouse) of Shenzhen, Guangdong, China;
- SZY Holdings LLC, of Brooklyn, NY;
- Wuxi Emsrun Technology Co., Ltd., of Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province, China;
- Wuxi Golden Hour Medical Technology Co., Ltd., (d/b/a YeYe Tactical) of Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province, China;
- Wuxi Puneda Technology Co., Ltd., of Wuxi, China;
- Xia Guo Long (d/b/a Jusaid) of Dongguan City, Nancheng District, Guangdong Province, China; and
- Yinping Yin (d/b/a Dealpeak) of Shenzhen, Guangdong, China.
By instituting this investigation (337-TA-1364), the USITC has not yet made any decision on the merits of the case. The USITC’s Chief Administrative Law Judge will assign the case to one of the USITC’s administrative law judges (ALJ), who will schedule and hold an evidentiary hearing. The ALJ will make an initial determination as to whether there is a violation of section 337; that initial determination is subject to review by the Commission.
The USITC will make a final determination in the investigation at the earliest practicable time. Within 45 days after institution of the investigation, the USITC will set a target date for completing the investigation. USITC remedial orders in section 337 cases are effective when issued and become final 60 days after issuance unless disapproved for policy reasons by the U.S. Trade Representative within that 60-day period.