The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that there is a reasonable indication that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of certain preserved mushrooms from France, Netherlands, Poland, and Spain that are allegedly sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chair Jason E. Kearns, Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin, and Commissioners David S. Johanson, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, the U.S. Department of Commerce will continue its investigations of imports of certain preserved mushrooms from France, Netherlands, Poland, and Spain, with its preliminary antidumping duty determinations due on or about September 7, 2022.
The Commission’s public report Certain Preserved Mushrooms from France, Netherlands, Poland, and Spain (Inv. Nos. 731-TA-1587-1590 (Preliminary), USITC Publication 5329, May 2022) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available after June 13, 2022; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: https://www.usitc.gov/commission_publications_library.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Certain Preserved Mushrooms from France, Netherlands, Poland, and Spain
Investigation Nos. 731-TA-1587-1590 (Preliminary)
Product Description: Certain preserved mushrooms are mushrooms of the genus Agaricus that have been prepared or preserved by cleaning, blanching, and sometimes slicing or cutting. These mushrooms are then packed and heat sterilized in containers each holding a net drained weight of not more than 12 ounces (340.2 grams), including but not limited to cans or glass jars, in a suitable liquid medium, including but not limited to water, brine, butter, or butter sauce. The final form of preserved mushrooms can be either whole, sliced, or as stems and pieces.
Status of Proceedings:
- Type of investigation: Preliminary antidumping duty investigations.
- Petitioners: Giorgio Foods, Inc., Blandon, Pennsylvania
- USITC Institution Date: Thursday, March 31, 2022.
- USITC Conference Date: Thursday, April 21, 2022.
- USITC Vote Date: Friday, May 13, 2022.
- USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Monday, May 16, 2022.
- Number of U.S. producers: 1.
- Location of producers’ plants: Blandon, Pennsylvania
- Production and related workers: 
- U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 1
- Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
- Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2021:
- Subject imports: $71 million.
- Nonsubject imports: $3 million.
- Leading import sources: Netherlands, Poland, France, Spain, Canada.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.