Attention DataWeb users! After a lengthy beta-test period during which significant user feedback was received and considered, the USITC is finalizing the upgrade of its DataWeb website and has announced it will decommission the legacy DataWeb on October 31, 2018.
Why this matters:
- User names and passwords will NOT transfer. The DataWeb has been entirely rebuilt, so users must create a new account to use DataWeb’s new data request tool.
- Commodity groups, country groups, and saved queries will NOT transfer. Again, because the DataWeb has been entirely rebuilt, no saved information can be migrated. Users will need to recreate these items in the DataWeb’s new data request tool.
- Legacy DataWeb will be decommissioned on Wednesday, October 31, 2018. After this date, the legacy system will no longer be available, and users will not be able to access any saved groups or queries.
Highlights of the new DataWeb:
- The trade data request tool has been completely overhauled and offers streamlined data search designs, more commodity selection options, and an improved report layout feature.
- The new DataWeb site is mobile friendly and features a more modern interface, with a streamlined presentation and more user-friendly navigation.
- Under the hood, we’ve completely re-engineered the DataWeb to make it more modern, more agile, and ready for even more improvements down the road!
Though the new DataWeb interface and data request tool have been launched, we’re not done yet! Here’s what’s coming soon:
- The ability to share trade data requests with other users.
- An updated tool to quickly view future U.S. tariff rates (also referred to as staged tariff rates) with free trade agreement partners. You will be able to view the rates for individual tariff lines or download a complete set of future tariff rates for each partner.
- An updated tool to quickly view U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule codes in terms of other classification system codes, including North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and Standard International Trade Classification (SITC) codes.
Check out the new DataWeb at https://datawebbeta.usitc.gov/.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.