USITC Launches Its New Data Management Tool – IDS Part II
Practice Specific: Unfair Import Investigations
The U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) is pleased to announce the launch of Investigations Database System (IDS)! This innovative new data management tool captures, manages, and displays USITC investigation-related data, enabling real-time reporting. IDS will serve as an informational data source and will generate search results across multiple practice areas, providing new perspectives and value-added insights for data users.
This web article addresses IDS-related changes expected for unfair import investigations. Unfair Imports has had the benefits of an informational database—337Info—for years. IDS expands the information previously provided in 337Info, adding many new functions that are designed to enhance the user experience.
Below are some of the new features and capabilities available in the new data management tool for unfair import investigations:
- Identification of data specific to unfair import investigations
- Integrated access to a comprehensive investigation database
- A new orders module that lists all orders issued in an investigation, the parties impacted, and the unfair act and intellectual property implicated in the order
- A quick link to important investigation documents
- Identification of specific Initial Determination findings
- The ability to view disposition information for individual respondents
- The ability to quickly toggle between investigation phases and see the status and parties involved across all the phases when viewing at the case level
- And many more . . .
We will also announce virtual training opportunities and the availability of instructional guides.
Please email any questions or comments to IDS-Help@usitc.gov.