News Release 22-058
Inv. No(s). 731-TA-1560-1562 and 731-TA-1564 (Final)
Contact: Jennifer Andberg, 202-205-1819
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of raw honey from Argentina, Brazil, India, and Vietnam that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chair Jason E. Kearns, Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin, and Commissioners David S. Johanson, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, Commerce will issue antidumping duty orders on imports of this product from Argentina, Brazil, India, and Vietnam.
The Commission made a negative critical circumstances finding with regard to imports of this product from Argentina. The Commission made an affirmative critical circumstances finding with regard to imports of this product from Vietnam.
The Commission’s public report Raw Honey from Argentina, Brazil, India, and Vietnam (Inv. Nos. 731-TA-1560-1562 and 731-TA-1564 (Final), USITC Publication 5327, May 2022) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available by June 20, 2022; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Raw Honey from Argentina, Brazil, India, and Vietnam
Investigation Nos.: 731-TA-1560-1562, 1564 (Final)
Product Description: Honey is a sweet, viscous fluid produced from the nectar of plants and flowers which is collected by honeybees, transformed, and combined with substances of their own, and stored and left in honeycombs to mature and ripen. Raw honey is honey as it exists in the beehive or as obtained by extraction, settling and skimming, or straining.
Status of Proceedings:
- Type of investigation: Final antidumping duty investigations.
- Petitioners: American Honey Producers Association ("AHPA"), Bruce, South Dakota; and Sioux Honey Association ("SHA"), Sioux City, Iowa.
- USITC Institution Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
- USITC Hearing Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2022.
- USITC Vote Date: Wednesday, May 11, 2022.
- USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
U.S. Industry in 2020:
- Number of U.S. producers: approximately 30,000 to 60,000.
- Location of producers’ plants: North Dakota, South Dakota, California, Texas, Montana, Florida, Minnesota, and Michigan
- Production and related workers: 1,360.
- U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: $302 million.
- Apparent U.S. consumption: $690 million.
- Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 42.8 percent.
U.S. Imports in 2020:
- Subject imports: $296 million.
- Nonsubject imports: $93 million.
- Leading import sources: Argentina, Brazil, India, Vietnam.