News Release 21-128
Inv. No(s). 701-TA-665 (Final)
Contact: Peg O'Laughlin, 202-205-1819
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is threatened with material injury by reason of imports of certain mobile access equipment and subassemblies thereof from China that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are subsidized by the government of China.
Chair Jason E. Kearns, Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin, and Commissioners David S. Johanson, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, and Amy A. Karpel made affirmative threat determinations.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative threat determination, Commerce will issue a countervailing duty order on imports of this product from China.
The Commission’s public report Certain Mobile Access Equipment and Subassemblies Thereof from China (Inv. Nos. 701-TA-665 (Final), USITC Publication 5242, December 2021) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigation.
The report will be available by December 20, 2021; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Certain Mobile Access Equipment and Subassemblies Thereof from China
Investigation No. 701-TA-665 (Final)
Product Description: Mobile access equipment (MAE) consists primarily of boom lifts, scissor lifts, and telehandlers, and subassemblies thereof. MAE combines a mobile (self-propelled or towed) chassis, with a lifting device (e.g., scissor arms, boom assemblies) for mechanically lifting persons, tools and/or materials capable of reaching a working height of ten feet or more, and a coupler that provides an attachment point for the lifting device, in addition to other components. MAE includes mobile access equipment and subassemblies thereof whether finished or unfinished, whether assembled or unassembled, and whether the equipment contains any additional features that provide for functions beyond the primary lifting function.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigation: Final countervailing duty investigation.
2. Petitioner: The Coalition of American Manufacturers of Mobile Access Equipment (“CAMMAE” or “the Coalition”).
3. USITC Institution Date: Friday, February 26, 2021.
4. USITC Hearing Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
5. USITC Vote Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
6. USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Friday, December 3, 2021.
U.S. Industry in 2020:
1. Number of U.S. producers: 8.
2. Location of producers’ plants: California, Kansas, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wisconsin.
3. Production and related workers: 
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 1
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2020:
1. Subject imports: $122.9 million
2. Nonsubject imports: $588.6 million
3. Leading import sources: Canada, China, and the United Kingdom.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.