The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of non-refillable steel cylinders from China that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are subsidized and sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chair Jason E. Kearns, Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin, and Commissioners David S. Johanson, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, Commerce will issue antidumping and countervailing duty orders on imports of this product from China.
The Commission’s public report Non-Refillable Steel Cylinders from China (Inv. Nos. 701-TA-644 and 731-TA-1494 (Final), USITC Publication 5188, May 2021) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available by May 26, 2021; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Non-Refillable Steel Cylinders from China
Investigation Nos. 701-TA-644 and 731-TA-1494 (Final)
Product Description: The non-refillable steel cylinders covered by these investigations are seamed (welded or brazed) and are produced to meet the requirements of U.S. Department of Transportation Specification 39, TransportCanada Specification 39M, or United Nations pressure receptacle standard ISO 11118. The subject non-refillable steel cylinders are portable and range from 300-cubic inch (4.9 liter) water capacity to 1,526-cubic inch (25 liter) water capacity. The subject non-refillable steel cylinders may be imported with or without a valve and/or pressure-release device but are unfilled at the time of importation. Specifically excluded are seamless non-refillable steel cylinders.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigations: Final antidumping and countervailing duty investigations.
2. Petitioners: Worthington Industries Inc., Columbus, OH.
3. USITC Institution Date: Friday, March 27, 2020.
4. USITC Hearing Date: Thursday, March 11, 2021.
5. USITC Vote Date: Friday, April 16, 2021.
6. USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
U.S. Industry in 2019:
1. Number of U.S. producers: One.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Kentucky and Ohio.
3. Production and related workers: .
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 1.
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1.
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1.
U.S. Imports in 2019:
1. Subject imports: $35.3 million.
2. Nonsubject imports: 1.
3. Leading import source: China.
 Withheld to avoid revealing business proprietary information.