News Release 17-080
Inv. No(s). 701-TA-576-577 and 731-TA-1362-1367 (Preliminary)
Contact: Peg O'Laughlin, 202-205-1819
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that there is a reasonable indication that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of cold-drawn mechanical tubing from China, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, and Switzerland that are allegedly sold in the United States at less than fair value and subsidized by the governments of China and India.
Chairman Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, Vice Chairman David S. Johanson, and Commissioners Irving A. Williamson, Meredith M. Broadbent, and F. Scott Kieff voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, the U.S. Department of Commerce will continue to conduct its antidumping and countervailing duty investigations on imports of this product from China, Germany, Italy, India, Korea, and Switzerland, with its preliminary countervailing duty determinations due on or about July 13, 2017, and its antidumping duty determinations due on or about September 26, 2017.
The Commission’s public report Cold-Drawn Mechanical Tubing from China, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, and Switzerland (Inv. Nos. 701-TA-576-577 and 731-TA-1362-1367 (Preliminary), USITC Publication 4700, June 2017) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available after July 3, 2017; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Cold-Drawn Mechanical Tubing from China, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, and Switzerland
Investigation Nos: 701-TA-576-577 and 731-TA-1362-1367 (Preliminary)
Product Description: The scope of these investigations covers cold-drawn mechanical tubing of carbon and alloy steel of circular cross-section, in actual outside diameters of less than 331 mm, and regardless of wall thickness, surface finish, end finish or industry specification. The subject cold-drawn mechanical tubing has been cold-drawn or otherwise cold-finished after the initial tube formation in a manner that involves a change in the diameter or wall thickness of the tubing, or both, and may be produced from either welded or seamless carbon or alloy steel tubular products.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Types of investigation: Preliminary phase antidumping duty and countervailing duty investigations.
2. ArcelorMittal Tubular Products, Shelby, Ohio; Michigan Seamless Tube, LLC, South Lyon, Michigan; PTC Alliance Corp., Wexford, Pennsylvania; Webco Industries, Inc., Sand Springs, Oklahoma; and Zekelman Industries, Inc., Farrell, Pennsylvania.
3. USITC institution date: April 19, 2017.
4. USITC conference date: May 10, 2017.
5. USITC vote date: June 02, 2017.
6. USITC notification to Commerce date: June 05, 2017.
U.S. Industry in 2016:
1. Number of U.S. producers: Eight.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania.
3. Production and related workers: 1,804.
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: $526.2 million.
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 
U.S. Imports in 2016:
1. Subject imports: 1
2. Nonsubject imports: 1
3. Leading import sources: Germany, China, and India.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.