The U.S. International Trade Commission announces the release of
The Year in Trade 2013
USITC Publication 4481
An outstanding resource for anyone working in or covering the field of international trade, the USITC’s The Year in Trade is one of the government’s most comprehensive reports of U.S. trade-related activities, covering major multilateral, regional, and bilateral developments.
The publication reviews U.S. international trade laws and actions under these laws, activities of the World Trade Organization (WTO), and developments regarding U.S. free trade agreements (FTAs), FTA negotiations, and U.S. bilateral trade relations with major trading partners in 2013.
The Year in Trade 2013 includes complete listings of antidumping, countervailing duty, safeguard, intellectual property rights infringement, and section 301 cases undertaken by the U.S. government in 2013. In addition, the 2013 report covers:
- the operation of U.S. trade preference programs, including the U.S. Generalized System of Preferences, the African Growth and Opportunity Act, the Andean Trade Preference Act, and the Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act, including initiatives for Haiti;
- significant activities in the WTO, including dispute settlement decisions; the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development; and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum;
- developments regarding the North American Free Trade Agreement, other U.S. FTAs, and negotiations regarding the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership; and
- bilateral trade issues with major U.S. trading partners-the European Union, Canada, China, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Brazil, Taiwan, and India.
- The report also provides an overview of U.S. trade in goods and services during 2013. Statistical tables highlight U.S. bilateral trade with major trading partners and trade under U.S. trade preference programs.
Complementing the release of the 65th edition of the report are a series of dashboards in MS Excel available online that present U.S. merchandise trade data in an interactive format. Readers of The Year in Trade 2013 will be able to conduct further analysis of U.S. merchandise trade with specific trading partners and U.S. trade under specific trade preference programs and FTAs using these dashboards, which are available on the Commission's website at http://www.usitc.gov/publications/dashboards/.
View the publication at: http://www.usitc.gov/publications/332/pub4481.pdf